Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tokyo on my own!

It is a wee bit strange to spend so much time with myself as the only company. But there are good sides to it as well! After a brilliant sushi lunch on one of the bridges over meguro-gawa I set out for some culture. Not just any one but my favorite posh-type culture, modern dance. Maki Kurishita et al. should perform at the Aoyama Round Theatre. I found the place and I got a ticket. Dance is amazing! Maybe it is simple! I can't dance, it could be thats why it is so awesome to see people who can. If Akiko Yano is the voice, this could be the "body", a really cool show maki-no-uzu-maki. I think it means Makis spiral. A mix of child stories, danced (I think that what it was, all was in Japanese) balkan musik, really hardcore metal stuff. Amazing both the dancing and the music (by Dill). So this act is over, but honestly, if you are given a chance to see Maki (and the maki-gumi) take it!!!